Sunday, May 07, 2023

Family

Mum and I could relate when Uncle H and Aunt Sal shared their assessment of their daughter's (my cousin's) potential hubby candidate. Indeed, love is blind and my cousin needs the love of family to protect her welfare (for the long term) and prevent her from being blindsided. The thing with women is that they fall in love so easily and would bend backwards for the one they love (that is their nurturing nature). Mum said it best when she advised my cousin, "Find someone who will love you more because he is more invested and will take care of you - a gentleman will make an honest woman out of you, the right way, with your parents' blessings".

Dear cousin, the feeling of being in love is wonderful isn't it? If he is right for you, Allah will facilitate the process. Trust that He has reserved the best for you. So be patient. And thankful for the unconditional love of your family who wants only the best for you. I'll end my post with the song, "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia and an extract of its lyrics (it is about a woman who thought she found the perfect man, only to find out he was Mr Wrong all along; to say she is taking it hard is an understatement - she's so upset that she ends up cold and ashamed for being blindsided).

"Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light. But you crawled beneath my veins and now I don't care. I have no luck. I don't miss it all that much. There's just so many things that I can't touch. I'm torn... Illusion never changed into something real. I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn. I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel."

No comments: